Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Down To The Sea


We finally made it to Longboat Key!!  Yay!  Actually, we've been here for two days but I just now got around to posting anything.  Hey, this is a honeymoon...we've had other things to do.  Ha!  Yeah, like eat and take painkillers.  Where I used to have a tooth is still hurting fairly often but I'm down to just a half a pill a day and half at night.  And walking on the sand hurts my foot a fair amount and the rest I won't go into...  BUT, other than all that, we are having a great time.  The beaches are beautiful here and due to location, fairly unoccupied.  And virtually no little screaming anklebiters running around!  Pure bliss.


I have swam quite a lot and Jack sits on the beach and reads.  That's okay.  I did get him to come in the water some yesterday.  It is so warm; it's just about the perfect time of year here.  Not so blazing hot you can't stand it but just warm enough to swim and laze around all day.


It rained some today so we explored the island a little and the next one over.  And the food!!!  I have stuffed myself on more than one occasion.  Like I said, we are having a great time despite some physical ailments.  It  kinda gets me down that I seem to have these issues a lot of the times we try to go anywhere but I guess crap just happens when you get older.  It's not like we are a couple of twenty-somethings on their first honeymoon. LOL!


Tomorrow we will move over to the Sarasota area and visit the beaches of Lido and Siesta Key, then start our journey northwards sometime Saturday or Sunday.  We are making that part up as we go.  Sorta.

If any of my regular Florida readers would like to meet up with us if we pass near your area we would certainly like to see you.  I don't ask people directly because I'm kinda self-conscious that way and don't like to assume someone would even want to meet me.  However, some of you I feel like I really know and wouldn't mind seeing.  I assure you Jack and I are harmless and are not axe murderers, bird poop collectors or obnoxious yahoos that drone on for hours about ourselves!  Anyway, email me if you have time for lunch or something.

13 comments:

ErinFromIowa said...

Beautiful scenery, delicious food and two awesome people. Sounds like a dream of a honeymoon. So glad you are enjoying yourself!

newcracker52 said...

You might like to take a look at Anna Maria Island around Brandenton. The beach there is real nice and there use to be a nice sand bar not very far out. You might also like to go to the Manatee lookout at the power plant at Tampa Electric Company
Manatee Viewing Center
(open November through April 15)
Apollo Beach, FL
It might be just a bit early. Really cool to see them. Jim

Island Rider said...

Whew! So glad you are having a good time! I just sent you an email. And I see from Florida Cracker's blog that this weekend is the seafood festival in Cedar Key. Great timing to do that if you are headed north this weekend. Hope to see you today or tomorrow. Pictures are beautiful!

pamit said...

Love the sunrise pic with Venus. Hey, since you are in an area without a lot of light pollution, ya'll might look for meteors at night, there are apparently a couple of meteor showers happening this week. Orionoids and another.

Happy Honeymooning!

P in CO

Ed said...

Enjoy the honeymoon and eat some fresh seafood for me please!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your beautiful wedding. Something you will never forget because it was so sweet!

Wally Jones said...

Congratulations and glad you're enjoying our Sunshine State! Sounds like you have a handle on places to visit and things to do. Just relax and enjoy each other!

- Wally (Just found your blog from the link on Florida Cracker's site. Looking forward to reading your posts.)

Hayley said...

Looks beautiful! My husband's tooth was giving him trouble during our wedding period too. He went ahead and got his wisdom tooth removed so he wouldn't suffer too much on the honeymoon. His face was swollen at the wedding! Poor thing.

edifice rex said...

Hey Erin! thanks so much! we are having fun!

Hey Jim! We had heard Anna Maria was nice but don't know if we'll have time; we'll see! thanks for the info.

Hey IR! yeah, we are having a great time!

Hey Pam! Actually, we sat out the other night and there was quite a bit of light; couldn't see the stars very well at all. I was surprised.

Hey Ed! thanks! oh, I'm eating enough seafood for ALL of us! lol!

Hey Anon! thanks! we thought it was great too!

Hey Wally! thanks and thanks for the info and link!

Hey Haley! well, glad I'm not the only one! lol! if only this had waited a couple of weeks though!

HermitJim said...

Sounds to me like you are making some good memories! Fun to have some to keep you warm in your old age!

Of course, that's a long way off for you!

Enjoy the honeymoon!

edifice rex said...

Hey Jim! thanks! yeah, we are having some fun! lots of good memories for sure.

Floridacracker said...

If you pass this way (Cedar Key), shoot me an email. Glad you are having fun!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sounds like a fun time, Annie & Jack, except for that tooth and foot issues but painkillers are wonderful and useful. Hope you do get to meet some fellow bloggers as we did on our recent Va Blue Ridge trip. It was fun, although as you. Outed some folks may be reluctant, but it worked out fine. And if you ever get to the Va eastern shore, do let us know as we would like to meet yiu both and maybe we will get to your area one day on a southern road trip.