Sunday, October 07, 2012

That Knot's Been Tied


Okay, ya'll asked for lots of pictures, so I got LOTS! I'm gonna have to do 2 or 3 posts though, so as not to overload you at once.  So, long story short, we had the wedding, everyone seemed to have a good time and Jack and I had a blast.  It was about the best I could have hoped for.  It rained some that morning but then the weather cleared and was great through the whole thing.  Well, it could have been a little more sun but it was still fine.  It started raining again about an hour after everyone had left.


All my family was there although my sister is still mad as hell at me for taking up for her daughter during that last free-for-all, so she didn't speak to me much but then, she didn't speak to my brother or much of anyone else.  We all had a good time anyway.
Oh, there was an Auburn game on before things started and most of my family are BIG Auburn fans so they were catching what they could on the TV.  Just so happens we got married during halftime.  If you are Southern you will understand that.


Lots of friends were there.  That's my brother, the minister, in the middle. 


My Russian friends Svetlana and Tatyanas.  Sveta was my maid of honor.  They all helped out so much and made some GREAT food.


We had a great time.  Did I say that already?


Here I was explaining to Sveta her duties as maid of honor and she was freaking out because she was afraid she would lose Jack's ring. lol!  She did fine of course.


My bouquet was just flowers and stuff I picked from the woods and my flower beds.


I don't even know.


Taking the final walk.


It was fairly informal but it meant a lot to me and Jack.  Mama said it seemed more like a big party than a wedding but I thought that was pretty good!


Jack waiting with Mark.


To be continued............................!!!!

21 comments:

ErinFromIowa said...

Oh my gosh! I love it. Your flowers were almost as beautiful as you. Jack looks pretty spiffy also. Is that the dress? Perfect! Can't wait to see more pics.

Jane in Maine said...

Wow-congratulations and many good wishes!Your house looks amazing with food, flowers, people, kitchen windows with window trim, etc.And ditto that you and Jack look awesome, and happy and healthy too!Way to go-

Richard said...

Congratulations Annie and Jack. May you have many, many happy years.

edifice rex said...

Hey Erin! Aww thanks! that is actually a different dress, not the one I got for $3.50. lol! but this one didn't cost much more.

Hey Jane! thanks! yeah, I was so excited about the window trim! HA!

Hey Richard! thank you hon!

pamit said...

Ya'll look SO beautiful Annie, both you and Jack. Love that dress (pearls are my favorite "jewel")...

Pam in CO

pamit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JO said...

Congratulations and many happy years. Your set up was great and you looked great. Glad the family came together for you and Jack.

Lisa in Bammer said...

I am so excited for you!! And so jealous - I want mine. I'm going to have to light a fire under someone.

Congratulations! Alabama girls rock! (the state, not the team - sorry. War Eagle!)

myamuhnative said...

I'm so happy for both You and Jack!
You are just glowing in the pics and Jack is ever so dashing and debonair in his suit.
May you have many happy years of adventures together .

JMD said...

Oh, I think it looks lovely! This is so beautiful.

Ronnie, second holler over said...

feel so proud fur ye. like you all are family. happy trails to ya.

Anonymous said...

Now that is my kind of wedding, a big party with good friends and family, relaxed and fun.
Love the dress! You and jack clean up real good! ;)
Congratulations to you both and may you have many happy years together.

Vonne

HermitJim said...

My dear friend, I can't say how happy I am that everything all came together so pleasantly for the wedding!

You made a beautiful bride! Picture perfect with the flowers being the finishing touch!

I can see how happy everyone was, including Jack!

Many happy years to you and Capt. Jack...I mean that with all my heart!

Ed said...

Congratulations! It looks like my type of wedding from the guest perspective and the being wed perspective.

Hayley said...

Congratulations! You look beautiful!

Caroline said...

Just as a wedding should be, a celebration with family and good friends! Very best wishes to you both as this new part of your life begins.

farmer_liz said...

congrats! good to hear that it all went well. Love the dress and the flowers and the informality! looking forward to the rest of the pics.

edifice rex said...

Thank you all so much! Jack and I appreciate all your well wishes and kind words SO much.

Island Rider said...

Congrats. You both look beautiful and happy.

Adrianna said...

Congrats!!! Just like a wedding should be fun,intimate and full of family.

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

A late congrats to you guys Annie. You both look like champs. Looked like a beautiful wedding to me.