Tuesday, October 09, 2012

The Knot Part 2


We had our rehearsal, instructions and final go all at one time!  I just made it up as we went!


I did NOT expect to start crying during my vows though!  That caught me totally off guard and then Jack kinda started crying and I thought "Oh Nooooo, I can't make him cry!"  It was very obvious in some of the photos we were both about to start bawling. lol!  We got through it though. 



My brother kept it fairly short! ha! He only prayed once.  It was very touching for us though, seriously.  I know it meant a lot of both of us.


Chigger had a great time through the whole thing.  She thought that day was the best EVER, because there were so many people to play with her.  She did real well and didn't jump up on anybody or knock anybody down or anything.



Then there was FOOD!  The cake was just fabulous.  Everybody raved about it.  It was really good.  The top layer was all vanilla and the bottom was chocolate cake with vanilla icing.  YUM.


Me and Betty.  Betty was the personnel director, payroll clerk etc. etc. at my old company for about 4 decades!  She is the sweetest person and I miss getting to see her.  We had some laughs, that's for sure!  I was so happy she made it to the wedding.


The guys finally getting to take a break and eat!  Konstantine is my Russian friend on the right that took the vast majority of these pictures.  They helped out so much.  I must get a gift for him and his wife.


Jack, my husband, finally getting to enjoy his beloved fruitcake!  I ordered one from his favorite bakery in Texas for his groom's cake.  It was really good too.


More eating!  The food was really good.


Me and my brother!


And my whole family!  I'm not sure if Chigger was embarrassed to be seen with us or mad we took pictures without her!


And the bouquet toss!  As you can probably tell, Sveta was a little excited.  She's been single for some time now. lol!  In case you're wondering, my niece goaded her little brother into getting out there too!  We all had fun with it.


Sveta was determined though!


And she got it!


This is Jack's son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter, now mine too!  They were the only ones of his family that could make it but Jack's brother and sister came into town tonight so we did get to see them and will be spending the next few days together.  Then off to Florida!!





So, part one of the honeymoon starts tomorrow so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to post or even respond to comments.  I'll be back when I can though!

19 comments:

HermitJim said...

Beautiful pics! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

Peace!

ErinFromIowa said...

Gosh! I just loved looking at your photos. A beautiful wedding for sure. I see Jack and I use the same purveyor of mighty fine fruitcake.

Sissy said...

You pulled it off perfectly! As with everything you do, Annie. I'm so tickled to have gotten to peek in. You and Jack have a blessed long life now, ya hear?

Woody said...

Have fun!

Island Rider said...

Ack! We are in Virginia! Email me your schedule so we can see if we will overlap. Cslu1@aol.com

ignatz said...

Happy Happy Happy for many many many years!!! You both look fabulous!! The party looks fun and food delish. A fine wedding for fine people.

pamit said...

Great, great pictures Annie! It's enough to make a curmudgeon like me wanna tie the knot! Hmm....

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and thanks for sharing this special day with us. If I were to get married, that would be the way I do it. Glad Chigger got to join in. I love it. When my Mom remarried, her two dogs and mine were in attendance. Have a great honeymoon.
Tammy from Lower Alabama

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Congrats and the best to you both, Annie & Jack. Thanks for sharing your special day with all of us. Yes, we do understand some Southern Things, especially football. Enjoy your honeymoon in Florida.

molly said...

You are just glowing! Congrats to youo both, I am so happy for you:)

Deb said...

I can't imagine a more perfect wedding!

Floridacracker said...

Fantastic! Have a great trip!

Ellen said...

Congratulations! It was a beautiful wedding - and you, of course, were a beautiful bride!!

Jenn said...

A big Thank You! to Konstantine!

We web fans appreciate the pictures.

Anonymous said...

What a perfect wedding! Loved all the pictures. Have a wonderful honeymoon!
Maggie

Swamp Dog said...

Congratulations to you both, I wish you many years of Happiness and Love!

edifice rex said...

Hey Everybody! thank you so much for all the kind words again!
We really had a good time and I plan to put up a few recipes from the reception that everybody really liked.

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Just about sent a tear rolling down my own cheek Annie. The pics really do tell some kind of story.

chickory said...

i love that your wedding was at your home -it seems a love affair was built around it. I also really like the photo with chigger in the foreground. he is an excellent dog. happy times.