Sunday, October 14, 2012

Up To The Mountains


Hey Everybody!  we are home for a short period before we take off again on the extended part of our honeymoon so I thought I put up a quick post to show ya'll where we've been.  Jack's brother and sister (and respective spouses) were not able to make the wedding so we met them in Tennessee to visit for a while.  We all had a great time.  Jack's family is fun-loving and friendly, unlike some of mine, who can be major Sticks In The Mud.


I think the Smokies are the 10th National Park Jack and I have visited together.  It is also the most visited of all the National Parks.  It is certainly beautiful this time of year but was not horribly crowded.


This was on our way to Clingman's Dome.  Long way to Maine on this trail!  I would love to do even just a part of the Appalachian Trail.  Jack is not quite as enthusiastic. lol!



This was taken in the parking area just below Clingman's Dome.  Any further up and you could not actually see the vistas for all the fog and clouds.  They don't call 'em the Smokies for nothin'!



We got the park ranger to take our picture at Clingman's.  You can see what I mean about the fog.  You couldn't see squat and it was about 45 degrees F. and very windy.  We had a great time though.


Hiking back!  It was still beautiful, even with the clouds.


This was taken on our hike to Laurel Falls.  We saw all kinds of animals but no bears!  I was kinda glad actually.  Bears scare the beejeebees out of me.


And this was at Laurel Falls.  Jack was a little disappointed I think.  He was expecting more water!  There was more actually; he is standing in the middle of the falls, as there was more just behind where I was standing.

Well, we are off again shortly to Florida!  It will, hopefully, be quite the change in environment on this leg of our honeymoon.  We got home just in time yesterday for me to have a dental emergency so I am ready for some rest.  A tooth I had thought was fixed just became unbearable over the past few days and I ended up having it pulled today.  Not the way I wanted to spend part of my honeymoon but, crap happens.  I was just so thankful my dear dentist was willing to see me on Sunday and fix it for me.  Of course, I'm doped up now from the extraction but hopefully it will all get better over the next couple of days.

7 comments:

Aunty Belle said...

Oh Migosh!! ya did it!!

I LOVED all the weddin' picture--fabulous fun to see y'all so happy--am jes' thrilled fer ya' an' Jack is a dear thang!!

Congratualtions, EdiRex!

Sissy said...

My heart leaped with reading "Laurel Falls", thinking you two were right here in Carter Co, within steps from me. There are two Laurel Falls, I discover. Tell Jack, "no rain, no falls"; it has been a very dry year. Gosh, to think there is 'pavement'paths in our beautiful mts! Glad you got rid of that jaw-pain; reminds me to appreciate my lack of. Signed, "Toothless"

chickory said...

congratulations! I have been talking about spending a week on the AT - north georgia thru north carolina. I might could go longer with some outside help to pick me up now and then to stay in a motel and get a shower every so often. My next door neighbor was on the trail for a week with some scouts -said bears were becoming a problem. Enjoy the rest of your honeymoon!

HermitJim said...

At least you are headed to Florida with no tooth problem.

Beautiful place to honeymoon! Thanks for the pics!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We went to the top of Clingman's Dome as well and you are so right about the fog coming in. Looks like you and Jack are having lots of fun and adventures...YEAH!

Woody said...

Our best friends daughter and son-in-law just completed the AT a couple of weeks ago. The entire trail in one season. They are a young and very athletic pair. I believe it would take me two years to finish!

edifice rex said...

Hey Aunty! thank you!!! and yes, Jack is a dear thang! lol!

Hey sissy! yeah, i looked to see if we would be anywhere near your part of the woods but we were still a ways off. I was very surprised to see paved paths too! WTH?! lol!

Hey Chicory! Ooh, bears...I would have to hike with several other people I think! lol!

Hey Jim! well, not too much of a problem anyway. Still some pain but better.

Hey Bea! yeah, we are having a great time!

Hey woody! Wow! yeah, it would take me forever probably if at all! that is so great for them though!