Saturday, December 21, 2013

And Winter Came..


Chigger donned her festive apparel so that she could properly wish you all a happy Solstice!  She's not quite as enthusiastic as Grendal was but she is sincere nonetheless.


I gave the girl's house a good cleaning today while they decked it all out in greenery for the occasion.  They are enthusiastic...if food is involved.  Santa will have to remember to bring treats to all the critters around here.  They've all been good and mostly behave themselves.  Well, except for Susie.  She's been trying to be Ms. BossyPants around here lately, jumping on all the younger hens for no good reason.  Bertha caught her red feathered today though and gave her a good trouncing.  She needs to behave.  Bertha is the oldest hen and has taken to keeping all the others in line, kinda like a rooster would. 


This was taken a few days ago when the weather was mild.  Tonight things are a little rougher as we wait for this cold front to pass through the unseasonably warm spell of this week.  I think it is a little unusual for us to have tornadoes in December but not unheard of.  Hopefully this longest night will be mostly uneventful. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chigger says, "At least you didn't put those silly antlers on me".

JO said...

Chigger looks grand, :) And the wreath on the hen house looks good too. Hope the girls like it.
Your sunset if beautiful.

MamaHen said...

Hey Anon! haha! well, that's only because I couldn't find 'em!! lol!

Hey Jo! thanks! oh yeah, the girls are really in to festive things!

Ed said...

I'm getting ready for the season by packing my warm clothes before I head south through your state (among many others) on my way to the gulf coast. I hope I don't bring all the snow, ice and cold with me!

MamaHen said...

Hey Ed! Well, we like some snow actually!! Jack bought us 2 new sleds last year that we haven't been able to try out yet.
Ya'll have a safe and fun trip! Stop by and say 'hi' if you have time!