Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Low Profile

Thought I'd share a few photos of some sneaky critters that I've spied around here lately.  I know I've been laying low too.  Not felt real good these past couple of weeks, plus, my old decrepit desktop 'puter finally gasped it's last breath and so I've had to transition over to my laptop that mostly sat unused.  It had been acting up for some time, so I had enough sense to get all my photos off the desktop and onto another drive but had not quite cleared all my documents off when it finally gave up the ghost.

I had a few more pics of these dragonflies but they have been misplaced somewhere in the move.  And...although I was able to transfer all my photos to this laptop, it somehow (or I did) just dumped ALL of them (a couple thousand photos) into one big folder, all jumbled up.  On the desktop I had everything in various folders, such as all chicken photos and so on, but now everything is just in a wad.  *sigh*  I may never get all that straightened out.

So anyway.  I'm here.  I am slowly making progress.  Some days I feel better and some days I feel like hammered hell.  I'll try to post again soon.  I do have a few little things to show yall.

Oh, and if there are any locals that want to drop by, I am selling the last of my pottery!  Some good deals here!  Well, no sales tax anyway..Haha!  I have mostly dinnerware type stuff...bowls, plates, a few mugs etc.  Let me know if you wanna come take a look.  It may be the last stuff I make (pottery wise) for a looong time.

6 comments:

JO said...

The ups and downs of life.
What kind of snake is that? I don't now much about to many snakes I do know a rattler when I see on though. This morning I was pulling out of my driveway and there was some kind of snake making his way along the foundation, and yep right under a hole at the bottom of the driveway foundation. UCK! Love your butterlfies.
My pictures got all messed up to when the guy changed over to Windows 10 that I kept saying I didn't want. I'll never get them fixed either.

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Annie. And so glad I was able to get some of your mugs when I did!
Your critter pics are lovely ~ I remember the ones you used to put on your pottery; it was a dragonfly, wasn't it?
Good thoughts coming your way ~

Ed said...

I got tired of doing the chicken game when it came to my data and computers so a number of years ago I switched to an online backup service that just happens automatically in the background. So theoretically when my current computer craps out, which it is showing signs of doing, I should be able to hook the new computer to the internet and download all my data. I'll let you know how that goes.

ErinFromIowa said...

Ed, I think I am doing the same thing. Involves a/the cloud?
Annie, those butterflies are stunning!

MamaHen said...

Hey Jo! My understanding is that it is a Midland Water Snake. Non-poisonous, thank fully. :D I used to have a kind snake that stayed in my basement some. I didn't mind cuz he ate the rats...and seemed to only come out at night!

Hey sis! thanks! yes, I often stamped my pottery with a dragonfly. I've always loved them and they are hugely prolific here.

Hey Ed! Yeah, I need to look into that type thing myself, if nothing but for my photos. Jack has a stand alone hard drive we use to back up stuff but you have to manually do that yourself. Bleh. I don't have many documents that matter much, just my CV and a couple artist statements.

Hey Erin! thank you!

Caddie said...

It's been a long time, Annie. I hope you haven't stopped posting.
Sissy in east Tn. javascript:void(0)