Sunday, April 06, 2008

Kiss

Can anyone tell me if this is kiss me over the garden gate? I found this plant growing down by the creek next to the road. It is a very tall, kind of bambooey looking thing and just covered in these flowers. I hope it comes back this year as I would like to transplant some of it closer to the house. If it is KMOTGG, does anyone have experience with it? I read that it can be invasive in some areas.
I am working on cleaning the basement up this weekend (did I mention that already?) so to be able to do some pottery and such. I made a lot of progress yesterday and am going to try to build some shelves today for my supplies.


*Prince/ the only song of his that I can even tolerate much less like. Also, done by Tom Jones.

7 comments:

R.Powers said...

Not a plant I'm familiar with, but I sure enjoyed catching up on your recent posts.
Your porch railing is really attractive. Clever use of rebar.

MamaHen said...

Thanks FC! glad you enjoyed the posts too.

Robbyn said...

Wish I knew what sort of plant it is...it's pretty :)

MamaHen said...

Yeah Robbyn, I wish I knew for sure too. It was just covered in those beautiful flowers.

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

For what it is worth here is a source of pictures of the plant you want to identify. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/165354/

Your picture doesn't show enough leaf.

MamaHen said...

Hey Philip! Yeah, I checked out that website before and your are right, I don't have enough of the leaf to really be able to tell. Oh well, it's a nice plant anyway and if it comes back this year I will try to transplant some.

Anonymous said...

Great work.