Monday, April 08, 2019

Here I Am


Well, so....I just look at people like this all the time now actually. But anyway. Hey! I'm still around and doing well. I'm tired and have a lot going on but I'm doing good.

 Since the last time I posted my Mom had a small stroke, which she recovered very well from. Then she had some spinal issues but we got that worked out also. Since my brother lives in the way northern part of the state and she and my sister had a bit of a row, I was the main caregiver in these incidences. But that's fine because Mama is generally easy to deal with. Then we had new windows put in her house and I went out of town a few times to do some work for Daddy Rabbit. That was fun but hard on me physically.

I have a couple of part-time jobs and various work I do, some of it from home. So that's great. Let's me work on things here too and rest when I need to or when I'm having a real bad day.

Then about 2 weeks ago a huge tornado came through here, right down my road. I was actually at my Mom's when it happened, and we watched it on TV! They were pointing at my road and saying, "it's right here!". I had no idea if I had a house anymore or anything. I couldn't get Allen on the phone, which scared me to death! I finally got home but it took a long time as there were countless trees down on our road. The police told me it was over 40 down. I don't doubt it. Both ways were blocked. I finally got in through an old gravel back road and then to Allen's to see if he was okay. He was!!. My place was okay. Several trees down and the top of one through the chicken's run but they are all okay too. We were without power for a couple of days and without phones for several but they finally got it all fixed. Still cleaning up the mess.  Then another one came through early this morning but I was so tired I slept through it. It did some damage but was further north of here.

Seems like there has been more to happen but I can't remember. I have meant to post more, but in lots of ways I am reluctant to post much. I just don't have as much to say anymore and I don't trust anyone. That little meme I started with is actually true. I've had someone (guess who) try to break into my credit card account. I got the ol' "you've tried to log it too many times" email from them and saying I must change my password. Which I promptly did and on a bunch of other stuff too. Then they were trying to get a hold of other financial info. Trying to find out how I'm living and not having to sell this place or whatever. No, I'm not living off credit cards or some man. Ha! I'd drink gasoline before there will ever be another man living here. But anyway, I'm just not inclined to talk much anymore. I don't trust people, due to so much bullshit and so many batshit crazy people that will cut your throat first chance they get. I would like to start another blog and refine what I post about but things have got to get less crazy first.
I hope everyone out there is doing well.! I do hope to establish some kind of posting again about the house, because I am starting to work on it again. But also a personal blog in another location. I hope you'll check in on me every once in a while.


6 comments:

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

Glad to see you back whenever you're up to posting. Sorry things are so crazy for you right now, but thanks for the facts that your house and mom are both ok. Sunshine after the storms ...

HermitJim said...

My dear friend, I'm sorry that all this bad stuff happened to you, but just know that there are those of us that care about you...a lot!

Glad that your mom and the house survived the craziness of this weather!

ErinFromIowa said...

Wow! I'm glad my harbinger of spring is okay. I managed to force a few branches of lilac! March 29 to April 9 for first blooms. Your pal, Erin

Jesse said...

Hello Stranger! So glad to see that you’re doing well, and that your mom is doing better as well. My mom is still hanging in there, she turns 87 this yr, still managing to stay off of dialysis!
You’re smart to be cautious, apparently some ppl can not live and let live.
Glad you made it through the tornados without a lot of damage. Scary stuff.

Vonne

Ed said...

Back from out east so I wanted to say that I still enjoy your posts and when things stop being crazy and you do start that new blog, please send me an invite. Good to hear that the tornado "missed" you if only by feet. I knew when my brother said that they were west of him that put them pretty close to you.

One of these days I'm going to stop by on the way down to my brothers place and introduce myself properly.

Practical Parsimony said...

I understand the mistrust! I will wait for you to post something somewhere.