Friday, September 11, 2020

Magic Time



I thought I'd drop another little update and put up a few fun photos that I recently received. This was one of the more fun projects that Allen and I did together, which was to set this large bronze sculpture for my former sculpture professor at the University of Montevallo. It was a very interesting and challenging project. I miss those days dearly.


 I'm the one in the brown overalls, by the way. Haha! So, I meant to say on the last post that I actually will maintain this blog. I will still answer questions because, unbelievably enough, I still get technical questions on posts that are 10 years old. So, I will still answer questions. Will still keep things in order and I am slowly cleaning the blog of a lot of personal posts; stuff just not related to the house, work, building, gardening, or that sort of thing. The blog is valuable to me, in that it is a great reference point in regards to time and projects that I, or Allen and I worked on. It's a great diary and has even provided some great insight into my health issues because I started recording my symptoms years before I was diagnosed with Parkinson's.

 I also wanted to note on that subject: I have finally, finally made great progress on the incredibly horrid pain I used to have in my hips and rear end. It's basically gone now. I can ride in a vehicle fine, even for extended trips. It started going away after I got on a decent dosage of the carbo/ levodopa in 2017 and has just continued to fade away. My new doctor prescribed an extended release carbo/levodopa for nighttime that has helped incredibly well and with it, that hip/ sciatic pain is gone. I will occasionally have a little hip pain that jumps back and forth between hips but it's nothing like I used to have. It's amazing. Of course, I still have tremendous amounts of pain elsewhere, mainly my Achilles tendons, feet, calves, hands, and shoulders. But that other pain was ungodly awful and I'm so thankful it's gone.
I'm also incredibly thankful to have been able to get transferred back to a neurologist at UAB/ Kirklin Clinic. The one I was seeing at St. Vincent's was just not getting it. Just brushed me off. Completely ignored what I tried to tell him.. I was sorely disappointed in him because he seemed to good at first. But, my new UAB doc is great and I'm very happy with him.

So, I continue to go to grief counseling and it does help some. But I miss Allen so much. I am continuing to finish my place and parts of Allen's and to clean up. Lots going on. I will try to show photos of my places as it is completed, although I suspect much of the remainder may be done by people I hire. I will still do some but some of the work is too much for me now and I just have wayyyy too much on my plate.
So, I'll be back maybe a few times a year. Or something. I don't know. Y'all take care.


8 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I was wondering about you yesterday. It is good to see you back, sort of. I would love to be free of my pain!

ErinFromIowa said...

Yesterday, I was planning my Autumn Equinox Birthday Celebration. We celebrate the rest of the birthdays during Spring Equinox.
Any hoo! My harbinger of spring fluttered through my thoughts. I wondered how you were getting along and boom! A blog post!
Long time reader,
Erin

Ed said...

I sometimes look back through old blog posts and am amazed at how much things have changed/stayed the same over the years.

Caddie said...

Wonderful to see you here again, hoping for more. In my book 'best blog on the block'.

Sure good to hear a new doctor is fix'n you. Yes, truly nice to hear.

MamaHen said...

Hey Linda! Thanks! Well, I would love to be free of all pain but getting rid of that rear end pain is SOOOO incredible.

Hey Erin!! So good to hear from you! I have been wondering how you've been too! I'm like a bad penny... I'll pop up every so often. lol!

Hey Ed! Reading back through my blog has been eye-opening to say the least. Ha! I don't think anything has stayed the same in my life. Allen was my only constant in the last 3 decades. I think that's one reason this has been sooooo horrid for me.

MamaHen said...

Hey Sissy! Thank you! good to hear from you too. Yes, the progress with this new doc has been so awesome. I'm very thankful.

Sissy said...

The sculpture is exquisite. Would love to stand before it and gaze.
Wondering how you are doing physical-wise and otherwise. Hope all's
fine. Talk with us - please.

MamaHen said...

Hey Sissy~ I'll try to post soon. Thanks for commenting. I'm a little overwhelmed at things a lot of the time. Lots of work here. But I'll try to post again soon.