Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hurry Up And Wait



Well, I'm still at home so things are just continuing here along the same lines. Just with a little more motivation on getting stuff accomplished faster. The okra continues to come in huge waves so I'm putting up all of it I can. Freezing, eating and pickling. The corn and greens beans have about played out, as has the cantaloupe. I have just started getting figs though!! My first! They are SO good. Still getting tomatoes and peppers so I have put up a few jars of salsa and hope to do a lot more. The sauerkraut I tried was a success, so I will post about that shortly also. It is SO simple and easy to do.


I also got all fired up and have almost finished the siding completely! Woooooo! This is cause for major celebration! You can see that the grey siding is what we put up yesterday. I have just a little trim to do right in the top (where you see the white house wrap) and then I can run that last little bit of siding. I'm so happy!! The sun is right on this area in the morning so I wait until after lunch when it is in shade. The temps have been around 90 with a nice breeze the past couple of days so it has been great for working outside. I mean, it's still hot but it's not suffocatingly so.

Well, that's about it for today. I'll try to be back soon and maybe even have a recipe or so for you. I haven't forgotten about the food posts! Just been real busy lately. I tried a recipe for Braised Chicken with Root Veggies the other night and it was fantastic! I may put that up but don't have a photo of the finished product; it got wolfed down quick!!

3 comments:

Pablo said...

Nice to see a post about the house again.

We're enjoying the milder temps here too. It may be too cool to swim in the lake this weekend.

MamaHen said...

Hey Pablo! well, hopefully there will be a few more posts about the house soon!
Wow, even with it cooling off a little I can't imagine it being too cool to swim right now.

Jenn said...

House. Sided.

SWEET!