Saturday, May 26, 2012

Suddenly Strange


Well, I'll warm ya right off the bat this is one of those rambling, slightly deranged, bored out of my mind kinda posts.  I don't have squat progress to post about on the house and I don't don't feel like downloading those pictures from the garden and writing a sensible article about what I've been doing there lately.  I've felt like crap the past couple of days. This leaves me to wallow on the couch, get disgusted with TV and finally end up here, vomiting my frustration on you, my dear readers, like Grendal vomits on my rug when she got too many cat treats.
In my frustrated boredom tonight I was just flipping through blogs, trying to find something new I had not seen before but my threshold for middle aged women writing about their kids and trips to McDonalds is pretty low, so this didn't go very well.  I did manage to come across a few well-known blogs that have led their authors on to illustrious careers in books and even TV.  And I'm not knocking those people at all.  Good for them, seriously.  But just looking at their pristine, superbly categorized sites I knew I will never attain such success.  Not that that was my goal here but hey!..I'm in a crappy mood so I had to be down on myself about something!  I think first off I don't have sense enough to hide the crap side of life like those people do, or make it somehow seem funny.  I just blurt out that the chickens shit all in the doorway and Chigger eats it or I cooked something new and it tasted like shit etc. etc.  Granted that doesn't happen very often but for just once I'd like for one of those fancy food bloggers to admit they made something that made the dog flee in terror.  Way back when I was first trying to learn to cook I made some biscuits.  They were not quite edible so I threw them to this ol' hound we had.  Now, a southern hound dawg will and can eat just about anything.  They kinda like goats.  Even ol' Slick spit that biscuit back up though.  I could see the fear in his eyes when it lodged in his throat.  I quickly theorized how to perform the Heimlich on a dawg but he barfed that thing back up before I could attempt it.  Good thing; I don't think it would have went well.


Being in this state of mind and body makes me want to wander too.  However, the pain killers make me too groggy to drive, so I'm confined to zooming around the globe via the web.  I have at least come up with a variety of ways to make recycled light fixtures out of egg cartons for the kitchen, if I ever get back to that.  And I have thought of a killer tile pattern to do on the fireplace divider wall, but you'll have to wait to see that too!  Ha! now you see my frustrations!!  I have the materials to finish my kitchen laying all around me and the stores where I sell my pottery keep calling me wanting spoon rests.  I am a freaking artist!!  hahahahhaha  I don't make spoon rests.  Spoon rests are crap!!  And if I would make blue spoon rests they would probably be beside themselves with joy.  Let them go to Wal-Mart.  I only make art.!!  Allen splurged the other day and got me a bottle of Knob Creek.  It does help the cramps.  And no, I'm not a drunk.  Two shots is about my limit.  Oh, I used to could do more but now heartburn gets me.  Gettin' old and decrepit.  Back when I was married, years ago, we would usually cook a big weekend meal in the summer and make cocktails, usually something with rum.  I think this one time I was making pina coladas and after about 2 he says, 'why don't you just drink that rum straight?'  Well, I guess that sounded like a good idea, so I did.  You ever been so drunk you had to hold onto the floor?  I did.  Woooweee; I felt bad.  I never did that again.  'Course, back them I had a lot more to drink about.  I had to wake up next to that sum bitch every morning!!  ha!  God I'm glad I'm not there anymore!!  But it was my own damn fault so no one to blame but me.
So, I still miss my fellers from work.  Another one called me the other day to tell me he was going to another company.  I was glad for him but it's sad.  Our old company, which really isn't anymore since it's been bought out, has just been trashing those guys benefits, pay and everything.  Everybody is trying to leave or has already left.  It's a sad thing when an honest, good craftsman can't make a decent living anymore.  I suppose the unions need to come back here but that's a whole 'nuther story.  We had some good times though!  I'll never forget Hippy and Dal gettin' stuck behind that Porto-let during that tornado!  Or Hippy's teeth flyin' out into that concrete pour.  Me and Anthony moving forms and that rat ran out right towards me!  Steve running over my brand new welding machine with the backhoe.  Watermelons.. Bama throwing rocks at me from the crane ladder where I couldn't see who was doing it.  Boy, we had some fun.
Come to think of it; things is kinda boring now that I'm not having to dodge heavy equipment, projectiles and vermin.  Ah, well, that's life I guess.  I need to have a big cook out and get them fellers up here.
Hey, I don't think I told ya'll about Daddy Rabbit and Pops??  Daddy Rabbit got let go from the company.  He was the super on the last job I was on and ya'll know I had worked for him for years.  I don't feel bad a t'all for quittin' them now.   Sons a bitches.  And poor Pops; the older black gentleman that ran the buckhoist on that job, died.  On the job.  His son, who worked there too, found him in the Porto-let dead.  Musta had a heart attack.  I sure did hate to hear that.  He was a sweetheart.
Well, now I've depressed myself again.  See what you've done!!  Got me to talkin' about all that stuff.  Well, I guess I'll go on to bed.  Nothing else to do around here.  Things will be better in a day or two though!  I hope ya'll are having a good weekend and remember the servicepeople who have sacrificed all this weekend.  God bless them and their families.

15 comments:

Caddie said...

I think I'll grade this post with and A+. Great read. I'm overdue in bed but had to read this first. Good night, Annie. Hope all's better tomorrow for you...and me too.

ErinFromIowa said...

Wonderful post Annie. Grabbed my attention from beginning to end. I was also listening to A Little Bit More by The Sax Pax on Pandora while reading and it just fit!

Woody said...

Theresa and you share a common love...Knob Creek.

tammy (grendel fan) said...

If we wanted milk toast blogs we would read someone elses.
We read yours.

HermitJim said...

That's why I keep coming back! You just tell it like it is!

MamaHen said...

Hey Sissy! thank you ma'am! Today is much better actually. :)

Hey Erin! thanks hon.

Hey Woody! that is some good stuff! Maker's Mark is good too.

Hey Tammy! lol! I like that!

Hey Jim! lol! well, i never have been good at keeping my mouth shut. :)

DR said...

You left me hanging.....did you ever learn to make good biscuits?

MamaHen said...

Hey Deb! oh, sorry!! yes, I make damn good biscuits now. :)

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Lol. Y'know, sometimes I'm kinda glad to be living in the North West of the continent. Just kidding Annie. I'll bet I could do better than that on some days. lol. But I'll just keep mine locked up for a bit.

Rurality said...

I could come over and throw things at you, if it would make you feel any better. Sneaking in and stealth-tossing rocks might be kind of fun, actually. But, how good is Jack with a shotgun...?

Rurality said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rurality said...

Oh and PS, spoon rests need love too! And just because it's a spoon rest doesn't mean it can't also be art. Just imagine how many people are sitting at home thinking, "Oh, I am in such dire need of a spoon rest, but I would also like some art." You could help those people so much.

MamaHen said...

Hey Mark! Oooh no, c'mon, let it out!!! lol!!
The south has it's own unique insanity that's for sure... :D

Hey Karen! LMBO!!! to hell with the spoon rests!! I can't save the whole world!! lol!!
yeah, Jack is pretty good with any gun and he has a penchant for booby trapping stuff too...;)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enabling is a good thing and sure makes blog reading a whole lot better cause it's usually more honest. Our lives are not perfect either and wouldn't want it any other way.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

WHOOPS meant to say Rambing for that first word...hate it when the outer does that auto correct thing and Puts in the wrong word...aarrgghh