Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Give Thanks


  A very Happy Thanksgiving to all my American readers!!  and if you are not American well...Happy Thursday I guess!  I hope everyone celebrating has a great day filled with fun and good food and that you are with the ones you love...whoever they are.

I'm in an especially good mood tonight for some reason..Ha!  Oh, I have lots of reasons to be despite the fact my ass still hurts like a sonovabitch.  Maybe it's the combo of rum and sinus medicine, I don't know.  But I'm happy and I'll take what I can get!  Actually, I went to my ENT doc Monday and he said my sinuses are horrible and we agreed to test me for allergies, which may be causing some of this fatigue, headaches and all.  In the meantime I got 2 shots in the ass and something to go with the Claritin I take.  I hate to take medicine but I have to grudgingly admit that I have felt better the past 2 days.  Not wonderful, but better.  I'm also trying a little bit of an elimination diet and have started with dairy products, which I know have caused me trouble in the past.
So, I threw some pottery yesterday and today went to the gym and did some moderate exercises for about an hour and a half.  It really felt good.  I think I'm going to try going to some of the yoga classes they offer too.  I threw for maybe 2 hours kinda on and off and I was hurting a bit by the time I quit but I did it and was pleased with what I made.  Just need to keep at it, a little bit at a time.  One of my stores is really begging for more stuff for Christmas and I really need to try and come through for them.  I know I won't be able to make enough but 3 or 4 dozen mugs, a couple dozen honey pots and some serving bowls and stuff should be some help at least.  And I have a few people that have requested a few things so I'm going to really try to get those orders out too.  It shouldn't be too hard.
The BFD got me an appointment with a rheumatologist but it's not until May!  So, looks like I may be going to a pain clinic to see about a sacroilliac injection to help with the pain until then.  Here's a word of advice if you ever may have to have this done...  Don't Google what that entails. Okay?  Yeah. Sometimes Google needs to keep his damn mouth shut.  If you just have to read about it, wait until the day of.  GeezLoweez!!!  I can only hope they dope me up good. 

But for tonight I am not going to think about them ramming a giant needle through my pelvis and instead be happy for good doctors, sweet cranky friends and a house in the country with food in the pantry that I share with my sweetie.  Wow, I guess that is a horrible run-on sentence...ah well, blame it on the rum!!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!

9 comments:

Caddie said...

May your lessening of pain remain with you - Ha, have some more rum, I say. I've read milk is so bad for us when having issues with the snotting factory. I never drink it but feel I should as my bones are 'shot', along with the gut; nevertheless, I want to gorge today. A happy day to you and your Sweetie.

KRB said...

Although my Canadian Thanksgiving has come and gone, I am always happy to hear when you are feeling better. I read all of your blog posts, but never seem to get the courage to comment. My bad. I love your blog, especially anything concerning chickens, or Chigger. Just dont tell the authorities in Toronto that Im raising chickens in the city limits that are being guarded by a rescued Blue Lacy dog.

MamaHen said...

Hey Sissy! thank you! yeah, milk is horrible when you are congested and apparently will make many people have serious sinus problems.

Hey KRB! thank you so much! I remember you commenting once before and know you always read so that in itself makes me happy. I'm glad you enjoy my ramblings!

JO said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Sweetie. Of course by now it's over.

Happy to hear your feeling a little better. A little is always better than not at all.

MamaHen said...

Hey Jo! thank you! I hope you had a good day too.

Island Rider said...

So glad you feel better!

MamaHen said...

Hey IR! thanks! it's not tons better but some anyway!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving...Keep on that road to recovery. I sure would like to see you feeling up to taking some new trips. hint hint...Like next October.

MamaHen said...

Hey Woody! thanks! well i would really like to see me feeling up to taking some road trips too!! for several reasons!! I am working on it. :)