Do you see the significance of this photo? As of yesterday, the siding has completely wrapped the house now. Except for the clerestory area but that's okay, I'll get to that. And what's more, the siding elevation matched up when I connected this corner!
I said I was not going to take time to paint as I went but I think actually, I will paint this section before I move that pick board because it is so heavy, it's just a pain to take down and set back up and all that. As soon as I finish this side I'm going to move around and top out the east side of the house that you see on the right there. Then, I'll do the clerestory. I probably should have done the clerestory first and been done with that but I didn't have that foresight.
I woke up feeling kinda crappy again this morning, which is not good. I thought I was over this thing and I was supposed to get into Birmingham today. I have been informed that I will be returning to work on the 15th of this month so I have to be drug tested beforehand. I'm excited to be going back to work but now it's a mad rush to get as much done as I can on the house because I don't think I'll have much time in the coming months. In what is becoming the norm, the owners of this new building pissed around for about 4 months not being able to decide on some things and now that they have finally decided to start, still want the building done at the original completion date. I'm like, no, you delayed us 4 months starting, so you get the building 4 months later but our company says sure, we'll have it done. From what I'm hearing we are going to be on some major overtime and this will leave little time for my house. However, the building is supposed to be finished around September, so if I can work like hell until then, save all the money I can while on this job (which should be a good bit), then I can just take off again at the end and finish the house completely. Sounds like a good deal to me.
Oh, yesterday afternoon I thought I'd do a little dirt work around here because it seemed that the soil had dried out enough and I knew it would be raining again today. Well, it hadn't dried out as much as I thought and I got that Bobcat so stuck! The machines with tires are bad about such whereas the ones on tracks are virtually impossible to get stuck, although I have seen it done. Fortunately, it was down in the valley and not up here next to the house. I tried a few things to get out but couldn't even push myself out with the bucket, so I called Allen and he got Oliver to come to the rescue. I had that machine marred up past the carriage but ol' Oliver snatched him out like it was just a cardboard box. I thought he might strain just a little or something but no...didn't even hesitate. Sorry I didn't get photos. I did think about it but didn't feel like slugging up to the house to get the camera.
As you have noticed, I changed the look of the blog again! I decided to go with this layout since my posts can be long sometimes and this should help to minimize the amount of scrolling needed to read the whole post. If some parts of it are not showing up well to you, or it's not easy to read, let me know.