Tuesday, August 07, 2012

21 Questions

Okay, so I have some questions for you all if you are inclined to answer them.  I've simply been curious about a few things that have come to my attention lately and would like to know ya'lls experience, if you have any with what I've experienced.
First, this is basically for those of you who blog.  So, of those of you who blog and who keep track of your blog with a Sitemeter of any type, have you noticed a number of hits from Mountain View, California?
If you have, for how long have you been getting these hits?  Did you notice a few days ago that all your other hits blacked out and only Mountain View, California was showing on the sitemeter?  How long did this last if you noticed it?
If you are getting hits from this location, what country do you reside in, if I'm not familiar with your blog?  Also, if you are getting these hits, what do you generally write about on your blog?  Gardening?  Homesteading? etc?

And lastly, if the reader(s) from Mountain View would like to speak up I would like to hear from you!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't blog, but google is out of mt view... maybe something to do with their crawler that gathers data for their search engine? Just throwing that out there.

kathy

Chieftain of Seir said...

Yes, it is a Google crawler and yes, it comes all the time.

Chieftain of Seir said...

You can set up most site meters to exclude them from your hit count. I did that once but when I redid everything I forgot to and have just never bothered to fix it.

Chieftain of Seir said...

I should have added that I am still getting my normal level and mix of hits.

MamaHen said...

Hey Guys!! thanks for your info!! yeah, I had noticed that sometimes the hits said Google or Googlebot but sometimes it didn't have anything. I was just curious about what the deal was. Funny that it would just be showing up now because I know Google has always had such crawlers. Oh well! thanks again!

Caddie said...

Anonymous may have the right reason; mine lasted three days; 50+ hits. Googlebot also checked in a few times. You know me; sometimes I see 'scary boogers' in the dark. Yet...we don't know for sure, do we?

HermitJim said...

Guess I should pay more attention to these things, but I don't!

I'm just glad to get whatever visitors that come over!

MamaHen said...

Hey sissy! Yeah, I'm sure it's just a crawler; just odd that they didn't used to show up.

Hey Jim! well, I don't guess there is any reason to pay attention to it! I could block it like the Chieftain said but then my hit average would drop severely! lol!

Ed said...

I only check my site meter when I get bored and I guess I haven't checked lately.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Late getting to this post, but we don't use a Site Meter so haven't seen Mountain View showing up. But, a fellow blogger in NH was just telling me she gets these sll the time. I did notice on our boog that we have a lot of views from Russia, yet have never had a comment from anyone there...odd. But honestly like HermitJim we really don't monitor any stats, except to delete any unwanted comments that get through Blogger.

Amy said...

Unfortunately on Wordpress there isn't that level of detail, just country and ISP. Here I thought my count was up-but maybe it is just Google.