Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pleasant Valley Sunday


 I had intended on having more photos from my walk with Chigger this morning but when we got back to the house and dowloaded them I saw that my camera had apparently been acting up and lots of them were out of focus.  Oh, for a good SLR camera once again.  Maybe one day.  I have always loved the blood red azaleas, which are kinda hard to find around here, but I did manage to procure a few last year.  And, I was a tad skeptical if they were actually going to be deep, deep red, as the tag said, but they did not disappoint.


 We are about to get hit with some very strong storms now, so I'm not going back out to try to get more photos.  These few with have to do.


For the last few years I have been diligently clearing the poison oak, privet and other manner of weeds away from this stand of ferns and they are very appreciative.  Their grouping has gotten so large this year, in fact,  I may have to start transplanting some of them elsewhere because they are spilling out onto my pathways now.

I hope you all are having a nice Sunday and have made it through the storms okay, if they have passed your way.

5 comments:

ErinFromIowa said...

How lush it all is! As I said before those ferns remind me of my grandma's house.
It stormed earlier....and I fell asleep. Is there anything better than a Sunday nap with a storm lulling you of to lala land?

ErinFromIowa said...

Off! Haha

MamaHen said...

Her Erin! Oh yeah, yesterday was one of those napping days for sure! Jack beat me to the couch though, where you can easiest hear the rain on the metal roof. lol!

Unknown said...

Love the photos!

MamaHen said...

Hey Ken! glad you enjoy them!