Thursday, June 10, 2010

Celebrate Me Home

Hey! I'm back ya'll! Here are just a few images from my trip. It was a very enlightening time and I got to spend most all of it with my sweetie-bug nephew and niece and her boyfriend, who is a real nice boy. Thank you all for the good vacation wishes and nice to have new readers! Welcome Possum and Beatrice.

We saw all kinds of neat things and went up and down the coast in search of adventure. I told ya'll that it was kinda odd that I was invited to go... turns out for a reason a bit more disturbing than what I originally thought. Apparently, it was hoped that my presence, being of my sister's family, would deter my BIL from being a total jackass. Which, unbeknown to us, is actually his custom on vacations. We, my brother and Mom etc, were always under the impression that he was a nice guy. I know better now.

I did shanghai the kids, which didn't take much on their part, and we tore up the roads finding places like this to explore. We had a good time and they seemed to really enjoy it. They are really good kids and a joy to be around.

I didn't get too many photos of the beach, although it was very nice. This was at Huntington State Park, a wonderful place. I'm not sure what they were doing. I think trying to build some type of sand castle.
More later, when I have a little more time.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

love that pic of the trees ,would look so wonderful hanging on living room wall ,let me know when you get time to paint it as oil on canvas

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad you had a good trip spending time with the "fun" part of the family - your niece and nephew. SC is a beautiful place to explore.

Caddie said...

I'm pleased that you had a good time; getting away often helps to see life in a different perspective. I'd like to race some sandy lanes again!

MamaHen said...

Hey Mouse! ya, riiiight..

Hey Beatrice! yes, it is; I enjoyed myself very much.

Hey Sissy! Yeah, I see lots of things from a different perspective now.