Sunday, May 29, 2011

Not Quite Silent Sunday

The iris have had their day and been replaced by the lilies. These are some of my favorites. And my memory being as bad as it is allows a surprise every summer when they come up.

The new, old Italian heirloom zucchini I'm trying this year. I suspect these can get quite large.

A rare honey bee visitor. I hope she stays under the dragonfly's radar.

Little chick trying to stay cool. Yes, I know there is poop all over the sill. Their bedding is clean though.

There is some cool to be had in the shade however and a nice breeze is active today. I love these wild hydrangeas. Their little white linen buds always make me feel good to see them. What's even better is that I never have to buy any; they grow so prolifically in my woods I just transplant some where I want new ones.
There are many beautiful things already around us if we just stop and look. No need to always run to the store.

5 comments:

ErinFromIowa said...

There are many beautiful things already around us if we just stop and look. No need to always run to the store.

Yep. You said it girl!

ezrablu said...

Your photos are beautiful!!! I want a chick :D

MamaHen said...

Hey Erin! thanks!

Hey Ezra! thanks!!

HermitJim said...

Heck, I'd marry ya just for your flower beds alone!

You sure have a pretty place, but I've said that before, haven't I?

Seems like the chick has this whole "homestead" thing figured out to suit her! After all, gotta be comfortable, right?

Have a great day!

MamaHen said...

Hey Jim! thanks man! you're a sweetie!
The little chicks seem to be having a great time in their new digs.