Friday, December 05, 2008

We Gotta Get Out Of This Place


Edit: I was informed today that I will report back Monday to the last job (food distribution center) that I was on. The boss there apparently called this one and needs me and one other guy back. Also, the railroad job has not started as fully as we previously had thought.

They are making a huge push this weekend to finish this building and turn it over to the owners on Monday. So, I get to make some overtime. This is the job I've been on for about the last 6 weeks I guess. It's a very nice building. The one in the front is the new offices and the big building in back is the warehouse. That one is a tilt-up. I wanted to show it so that ya'll could see one of those finished after me talking so much about the other one I was on.

This is a closer view of the tilt-up. I thought it came out well too.
Well, things are not looking so good as far as work goes. What few jobs we have are loaded up from what we hear and with this one finishing up, well, finding a new home might be hard. From what I hear, the small railroad job has started and will probably be filled shortly. I might could possibly go back to the job I was on previously or I could be laid off. Since I am single, with no family or children to support, I would be one of the candidates for that. But that is as it should be. The guys with kids need the jobs. I can get by. So, I guess once again, I'm just waiting for the Great Pumpkin to appear.


*The Animals

8 comments:

Richard said...

Seasonal and economy layouts are the only downside of construction that I hated. Hopefully things will get better but I don't think so for a long while. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully there will be something just around the corner for you ER.

I am a great believer in having a years pantry put aside and a whole lot of seeds for the garden stored for future use. Both of these things will protect you in the leaner times.

MamaHen said...

Hey Richard! We have been fortunate to have had a steady run of work in this area since the early 90's but it's getting very bumpy now. I think it's going to be a long while before things get better too but things will work out for me one way or another.


Hey Molly! things will work out OK; they always do. I have the big pile of seeds and a fair amount of stuff in the pantry but not a tremendous amount.

R.Powers said...

You will be okay Annie, but that doesn't make uncertainty any more comfortable does it?
Thinkin' about you and hoping the work is steady.

Anonymous said...

Uncertainty is no fun at any time. But I suspect you are in a much better position to handle a slow year than the majority of people. That has to be some consolation. I hope things play out smoothly for you.

MamaHen said...

Hey FC! Thanks, I appreciate that. Yeah, I know things will work out but it is still a little stress.


Hey Maya! Yeah, that is one good thing, I would have a much easier time of being out of work than most, so it is a great comfort. I think things will work out fine one way or another even if I were to get laid off.

Aunty Belle said...

Hey EdiRex!

Looky, Ya's got it jes' right. Youse gonna make it no matter what..even if it gits lean. (Molly is a wise one!)

But this is one thang that ya might think on, if work is lean, then wif' a clear conscience ya can spend time on home projects, readin/ writin/growin/makin/ visitin/ photo...all manner of thangs ya hardly ever have time to do.

MamaHen said...

Hey Aunty! Well, you're right on that one; I could almost do with getting laid off for a little while right now! I hate to say something like that but there is so much that I need to catch up on.