Some of ya'll might remember that way back in February I took several cuttings from my existing lavender plants to attempt to start some new ones. This is how they are progressing so far. I had five to begin with but am now down to three. That is my fault really, not due to the plants just not making it. When they were still in their little starter pots, I got kinda bad about forgetting them and would let them get very dry between waterings. So, I accidentally let two of them dry up! Oops! So, I figured these had established their roots and transplanted them into the new bed about 6 weeks ago. That way they would not be put at risk of drying out so much. This has worked well and they have really taken off! They have a very nice new green growth and look very healthy. This transfer could have been done some time ago but I got lazy about it. When they get a little bigger I will transfer them to their permanent home, which seems timed about right as one of my old, large lavenders is not looking so well. I believe it is slowly dying and will have to be discarded.
Anyway, this method with the willow water seems to work well. I tried a couple of sprigs and put the willow snips right in the jar with them and they did not work at all. Seems it's best to soak the willow for a while and then discard the twigs, just use the resulting water.
The changing of the weather is becoming a little more obvious here. It's still plenty warm but the mornings are a little cooler. The sun is also just beginning to makes it's reappearance into the house. This morning there was a sliver of sunshine running along the floor, down the length of the house. That still fascinates me! It's so cool!
Hope you all have a great Labor Day and hopefully I will get much done on my window. Post photos of that soon!
*The Black-Eyed Peas