Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Work In Progress

Not much going on around here due to work and rain but I thought I would post a little something. I have planted a few new things above my new retaining wall, as I think it has about settled in. We have gotten so much rain lately that I think it is all washed in well. It should be anyway! Mostly I just transplanted some native ferns, hydrangeas and some flowers over to the wall. I did buy a few junipers and found a beautiful white rose that I might buy later. It's name is "Popcorn" because of the abundance of small, white blossoms.
I also did a little more work placing rocks this weekend but am trying to focus on the house. I have gotten some more work done on siding also.
Work has been rough; didn't get home until about 7:00 p.m. tonight. We are about finished with our part though, so hopefully I will be laid off again soon. I hate to say that but I really need the time!
Lika got bit by a snake on his snout but he is okay. He got a dose of Benadryl for the swelling and round of antibiotics. He seems just fine. They say the bite itself can get infected so that is why the antibiotics. He looked so pitiful with his head swelled up.
Well, sorry for the boring post but maybe something new soon. One update: that butthole plumber came in Monday mouthing off and the electricians jumped on him with all fours! It was so funny. He hasn't said much since. Fortunately, we don't get many guys like that.


*Mary J. Blige

6 comments:

HermitJim said...

Sorry to hear that Lika got bit on the snout...but I'll bet he is more sorry than I am!

maybe I could buy him a beer...would that help?

Better yet, how about a shot of "Hermitjim's Homemade Snake Bite Medicine?"

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

That stone wall is looking great! Sorry Lika got bit - ouch.

Beau said...

You do good work... I need that talent around here!

R.Powers said...

"butthole plumber"

The imagery is too scary.

Anonymous said...

LOL@butthole, you mad yanks say the funniest things! I hope Lika feels better soon poor thing:)

MamaHen said...

Hey Jim! buy me the beer (I think I could use it more) and we'll just get Lika a bone or something! lol!

Hey Bonnie! thanks!

Hey Beau! thanks! I hire out at a reasonable fee! (snicker!)

Hey FC! yeah! lol! guess I didn't think about that one before I wrote.

Hey Molly! oh, he was feeling better right after the Benadryl! He's back to his normal self it seems. thanks though!