Monday, May 17, 2010

Down In The Valley

Since I put up the satellite view of my little valley, I thought I'd put up this view of the bigger valley in which my little one resides. This is the view of one of the ways I can come home. I have always thought it was quite picturesque. Of course, you can click on the pic to enlarge it and it will give you a much better sense of what it's like. The sun sets at the end there also and it's always really pretty. Other than this is in a damn cookie-cutter subdivision, it's a nice place.
We are at the very tippy end of the Appalachian Mountain chain and it gets noticeably flatter as you go south from here. I have always loved the blueness of distant mountains.

Not a lot going on now except for work, at work. I hope to get back up on the roof here at home soon though.
Oh, my mugs made it to the show in Kentucky and all sold before the show even opened due to two sneaky, sweet readers of mine that live up there. I had called the gallery to confirm the mugs had arrived and she said 'yes, they've all sold!' I thought she was mistaken about who she was talking to but she wasn't. I was very happy. You can go to this link to see a little about the show and if you are in the area, please drop by. Not for my sake but it just looks like a great exhibit. Thanks again to Page for inviting me to participate. I have the best readers in the world!!!

6 comments:

HermitJim said...

Seems like those folks just know quality work when they see it!

Glad the show was a success for you, even if it was a short one!

MamaHen said...

Hey Jim! thanks! well, actually my stuff is still there! Buyers are not allowed to remove the work until the end of the show or until pieces arrive to replace them, so my work will still be seen and I am going to ship off some more tomorrow.

R.Powers said...

Great view!
Congrats on your show and sell out!

MamaHen said...

Hey FC! Thanks a bunch!!

Eutychus2 said...

Wow, that is so great. I like it when you show us your pottery, you are really a great artist. Maybe some day when I'm down your way [my kids like in Excel] we'll stop by and I can buy some. Keep up the good work!

MamaHen said...

Hey Euty! thanks man! Drop by anytime you are down this way and we'll see if we can fix you up with some pottery! Although if you can give me a heads up to make sure I have some stuff ready would be good! lol!