Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Ain't Nothin' But A She Thing

So I went in today and had that small procedure done that I told ya'll about last week. I certainly hope that it helps my back and other pain I was having. I'm not going to go into details about what they did because all the women will cringe and draw up and ya'll guys might run away and never come back! Anyway, it was supposed to go quickly and easily, so they don't normally give you anything for pain. So, it didn't go so quickly or easily. The doctor had a little trouble completing the procedure and was afraid he was really going to hurt me, given I had not been numbed. I told him I was okay (well, I lied a little but I wanted to get it over with) so he tried for a third time and was able, thank God!, to finish. Had he not, he said we would have had to go up to surgery and let them put me under.
So, all of that to say that I might lay low for a day or two. I had to take some pain meds and I always get loopy and sleepy when I take something like that. But if I don't answer comments or so I'm still okay...just sleeping or resting.
However, "I'll be back." I said that with my best Arnold voice. And hopefully I'll be back better than ever and really show ya'll some work getting done!


*Salt-N-Pepa

9 comments:

ErinFromIowa said...

Sending healing thoughts from Iowa. Ya, I found it's best not to comment under the influence of anything. heh

Anna said...

Hope you actually lay low....do you even know how to do that???

Island Rider said...

Ouch. Praying you feel better soon.

Lisa in Bammer said...

Hope you get back to your normal self soon.

HermitJim said...

The main thing is for you to do whatever it takes to get better!

Take care of yourself, my friend!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Take care, est up and we hope you feel better soon, Annie.

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I don't know what you had done but it reminds me of when the doctor wanted to sew by eyelid back on without putting me under. As I hummed and hawed my son finally said, "He wants you to put him under!". He knew I have to tolerance for pain. I can't stand anyone getting near my eyes either. As a compromise the doctor gave me a local with put you in a dream state and made me not care what he did.
I always wanted to know the name of that drug and where I could get some.

I hope you are pain free and climbing on the roof soon.

MamaHen said...

Hey Everybody! thanks for the well wishes. I'm feeling okay but not great and it's turned kinda cold and windy here so I'm being an old bear and hibernating. :)
See ya'll soon.

jenn said...

Sends healing mojo. Feel better!