Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father Figure


I just wanted to say Happy Father's Day to all the great Dads I know that read this blog!  And that means you Ed, Woody, Floridacracker, Richard, Philip and Karl!!  If I didn't mention you I may not know if you are a Dad or not or whether you read this blog!  When I see how these guys participate so much in their kids lives, especially their daughters, it sure gives me hope for our future and for the lives our our future women.  Ya'll guys ROCK!  Seriously.  I hope your kids know just how lucky they are.

I could write a lot more about fathers but I'm just going to say that I am thankful that I at least had a couple of male teachers that encouraged and believed in me when no one else did.  Thank you Mack, Ted and Ricky.  You have no idea how much your kindness meant.  (and yes, I have told 2 of these guys this in person!)

4 comments:

Ed said...

There were many years in my life when I assumed I would never be a father. Then out of the blue and later than most, I met my future wife and we later had a daughter. I must say, being a father has been one of the most fulfilling things in my life.

MamaHen said...

Hey Ed! well, you certainly seem like a natural at it! :)

Woody said...

Dang Annie...Thanks! I can't express enough how much I love being able to spend my time watching a little girl grow into a wonderfully gifted and sweet young lady. All of the rotten crap that I did in my life seems to be somehow washed away through the character that our daughter carries with her.

Omelay said...

Aww thank you,

k-)