Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Draggin' The Line

Alright Pablo, best I can do to show a draggin' muffler. This has been one of those weeks that would make it difficult for me to recommend this work to anyone. I guess I've been it doing so long I've become acclimated to it to some extent.
And that's not a shadow on my arm; it really was black with grease. The wire we tie rebar with comes with an oily substance on it to help keep it from rusting and as you pull it from your reel it just works it's way all over you. I took one other photo that showed the contrasting skin colors much better but figured it was maybe a little too risque.
Well, my bed is calling very strongly to me. Hope you all are enjoying warm weather as we are here. It was beautiful today.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you make it past dollar store to try some of that M-30 cleaner ...Looks like you need a little ...

Pablo said...

The worst thing that could happen to me at work would be a paper cut. If it happens, I'll be sure to get a picture of it.

MamaHen said...

Hey Mouse! not yet; haven't had time. Maybe get by there today.

Hey Pablo! please do! the worst thing that could happen to us is..well, never mind.

Rurality said...

Boy, do you look tired in that pic! I don't think I've ever seen that expression on your face before.

Ed said...

I've seen that look before in my concrete pouring days. It is the thousand rebar wire tie stare.

Back in my day, they didn't have any fancy tools and I just had a pair of pliers. I had dreams of a machine that could straddle the pad much like a detasseling machine where the wire tiers could lay in a sling with their arms hanging below. However in your environment, I would suspect those pouring would give the rebar handlers a lot of crap over such a contraption.

MamaHen said...

Hey Karen and Ed! Tired doesn't even begin to describe how I felt!
Well, Ed we don't have any fancy tools either; just a wire reel and a pair of pliers. We don't use those twisty things as those will slow you down. A good rodbuster doesn't need fancy stuff.
yeah, a sling would be cause for much ridicule.

Beau said...

Sending you energy and thoughts of warm baths and a good massage! At least at some point... :)

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Almost makes money seem not so important after all. lol..
I remember days like that too.

MamaHen said...

Hey Beau! I appreciate those thoughts man! Maybe some day soon!

Hey Mark! Really! I wonder sometimes..