Friday, December 25, 2009

If Everyday Was Like Christmas

"Blessed is the season that engages the world in a conspiracy of love"


Both the song and the actual 12 Days of Christmas have their roots in Christian tradition of course, as a way to teach the church doctrine but I believe anyone can observe the days whether you choose to hold to the religious theme or not. Christian or atheist all have relationships or situations in our lives that sustain us and give our lives joy and the basic idea of the 12 days is to set aside a little time to appreciate our many blessings. The ritual that I am going to associate with each day is just my preference, based on a little of what I have read, but you can move the rituals around to whenever you like. And I do take a Christian slant to things so take of that what you wish.

Christmas Day is the first day of Christmas and is a day of being with loved ones and sharing love. Most consider it a day of quiet and reflection. This can be a challenge in my family and Christmas Eve has already proven to be somewhat trying but I am keeping in mind the true meaning of Christmas for me and enjoy my family in spite of some of them. Just as Joseph and Mary were resigned to staying the night in a barn stall, sometimes you have to endure a little crap around you but we can make the best of it, you know?
I wish you all a happy and peaceful day, filled with much laughter and love.

*Elvis Presley

4 comments:

mountainmelody said...

ha! I love the Mary and Joseph comparison, and am looking forward to more. Merry Christmas!

MamaHen said...

Hey Melody! Merry Christmas! and thanks!

Woody said...

Well put...Merry Christmas Annie

MamaHen said...

Hey Woody! thanks! Merry Christmas to you!