Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sometime In The Morning

I'm very glad I no longer have to get up at 4:30 a.m. for work anymore but I have to admit, I did often enjoy watching the sun come up over our jobs. I like the morning time but only after some light is appearing! Often times our jobs would be out away from the city with woods around and it was very peaceful, even for a construction site.
Mornings here can't be beat however. I enjoy sitting outside in the warmer seasons with a cup of hot tea to enjoy the freshness of a new day beginning. I can often hear the creek running and all the birds are singing. I think the light quality at that time of day also triggers something calm in our brains. It's a different type of light than what exists later in the day.
Well, just a quick post this morning and I am off to plant some onions and see what else I can get into. Chigger also enjoys a walk to the creek most mornings! Hope everyone has a good, peaceful day.

5 comments:

Rusty said...

So true! Just before the sun comes up there is a regular 'symphony of the birds'. The same event happens just before sunset. It's great just to relax and listen. There is still at least a foot of snow on the ground here, but the Redwing has arrived and is sounding off. The Cardinal has been here all winter, but he too is 'advertising' his territory. Love those sounds. ATB

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yup, early mornings are great and if I could only convince Grenville to get up a bit earlier to listen to all the bird sounds. He prefers catching up on the craziness in the world by reading all the news online first thing.

JoJo said...

Yes the mornings are getting really nice and soon will be able to sit out on the porch w/coffee. Up at Lakeside it will be beautiful and clear and can watch the critters running around and see some robins and other beautiful birds we don't get down here in the desert.

Island Rider said...

Is that your front door? Did you make those pots?

MamaHen said...

Hey Rusty! A foot of snow!!? Hope spring comes soon for ya'll.

Hey Beatrice! well, I admit I do the same thing sometimes, reading the news. Lately though I have been forgoing that. :)

Hey Jojo! Yeah! sounds great!

Hey IR! that is my front door but no, I didn't make the pots. lol! I wish I had but I sometimes actually buy pots.