Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Work Me, Lord

Work me lord, work me lord.
Please don't you leave me,
I feel so useless down here
With no one to love
Though I've looked everywhere
And I can't find me anybody to love,
To feel my care.
So ah work me lord, whoa use me lord,
Don't you know how hard it is
Trying to live all alone.
Every day I keep trying to move forward,
But something is driving me, oh, back,
Honey, something's trying to hold on to me,
To my way of life.
So don't you forget me down here, lord,
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,
Ah, ah, don't you forget me, lord.
Well I don't think I'm any very special
Kind of person down here, I know better,
But I don't think you're gonna find anybody,
Not anybody who could say that they tried like I tried,
The worst you can say all about me
Is that I'm never satisfied. whoa.


*the incomparable Janis Joplin/ she says it so much better than I can.

4 comments:

mountainmelody said...

I like this, Annie. Thanks for sharing.

Ed said...

Halfway through the poem, I was thinking it sounded like a Janis Joplin song. Imagine my surprise when I reached the end and found that it indeed was.

I have pondered this before but I wonder what she would have been like and how many more songs she would have written/sung that would be stellar hits had she lived a full life?

Anonymous said...

LOL, I have to ask ER, is that razor wire I see, and if so, is that something that's needed where you live?

MamaHen said...

Hey Melody! thanks so much! Good to hear from you.

Hey Pea! thanks!

Hey ED! I've wondered about that myself; what kind of music would she have done later. Or would she have just faded after awhile?

Hey Molly! See next post for explanation!