Saturday, July 04, 2009

America The Beautiful

I guess this post is mostly for my fellow Americans but hope everyone has a great weekend, wherever you are. There are actually a ton of songs with 'America' in the title but I just love Ray Charles' version of "America the Beautiful". Brings tears to my eyes every time. Tried a little symbolic creativity with the photos and layout. I thought it came out well.
What is your favorite patriotic song? Hope ya'll have a great day of good food, friends and family and, if your town can afford it, maybe some beautiful fireworks.
I think I'll just be working on setting some large stones for retaining walls while I still have the excavator. It's a lovely day here. Maybe it won't get too hot.

5 comments:

Island Rider said...

Red, white and blue. Very beautiful!

Ed said...

For me it is always the "Star Spangled Banner." Especially when I think of this writing on the meaning behind the song. Very moving indeed.

The Country Experience said...

I heard this song today and it's stuck with me since then, Neil Diamond's "America."

Ron said...

Brings back memories of singing it in the dusty elementary school in Oklahoma City. I always did love that song. :)

It wasn't too hot here today, hope you are enjoying some moderate temps as well.

Ron

MamaHen said...

Hey IR! thank you very much.

Hey Ed! yes, very moving; thanks for sharing that.

Hey CE! yeah, I like that one too.

Hey Ron! good to hear from you; it wasn't too bad here. I worked outside all day. :)